Okay, I finally got the photo taken of my two little quilts with the minkie backs. I made these for the nursery as my son and DIL own a home built in the 30's so the house is a little drafty. (they are slowly doing remodel jobs but put that on the back burner when Michelle got pregnant) These little quilts were designed to go across mommy's legs and feet when she's nursing and one to throw over baby Luke. Mommy wanted something that was not full size and would just cover her legs and not be all over the floor for her to trip on when she was up at night with the 2:00 feeding.
I did machine sew the binding on. Since mommy is a modern type quilt gal, I sewed the binding on the back and turned it onto the front and then used my edge-stitch foot to do the final stitching. I have to say it was a lot easier than I thought....thank goodness my walking foot has an edge-stitch guide on it. I'm happy with how they turned out considering they were made to match the nursery and to mommy's specifications. ( the nursery rocking chair is gray with white piping)