Quilt With Us

I had to have a customer this morning smell her quilt before she took it home....how embarrassing!!! She looked at me with wild eyes and said what!!!! On the weekend dear hubby thought he would make a batch of beans. Soaked them overnight then put them on to boil.  As any sane person would, he then went out to do yard work, not returning until he heard the screaming smoke alarm!!! Off he flew into the house to rescue his beans without giving a thought to quilts and fabric. The house was full of dense smoke, and he admits that had it been on fire. which he fully expected it to be, he wouldn't have known what to do. I think a fire drill is in order...quilts first, beans second... then he asked if i could clean the pot???? What is wrong with them...another planet maybe???

Views: 30

Comment

You need to be a member of Quilt With Us to add comments!

Join Quilt With Us

Comment by christi on May 15, 2011 at 9:10pm
Pam, you are too funny.  I read that using liquid dishwasher soap helped get burnt food off of the pots and pans.  I have used it many times now and it sure makes the clean up alot easier.  Put hot water and the soap in the pot soak overnight and attack.  Repeat if required.
Comment by Joana Simmers/GA on May 12, 2011 at 4:31pm
My dad used to burn up a pot of beans at least once a year---it became a family tradition, and no, he  never cleaned the pot himself....Anyway, if you lived down south where I do, you would know that this is a "Bless his heart" moment......you can say anything you want about a person as long as it's prefaced by "Bless his/her heart...."  It becomes even more devastating when followed by "....he means well."  But I agree with everyone else---you have too much invested in him to trade him in now.   Possibly you could tie a string around his finger instead.
Comment by Sheila M/FL on May 12, 2011 at 11:34am
Lynda do not return him.....you've gotten through the roughest part....he at least knows where the kitchen is....a new one will need to be retaught not worth the effort really.
Comment by Ally Bryant on May 12, 2011 at 11:06am
What a hoot!! well not really but that is men for you - you know that they CAN'T MULTI TASK!!!!!LOL
Comment by Lynda Banks/Ont. on May 12, 2011 at 8:20am
Thanks for the giggles ladies!!! DH is usually very good in the kitchen, until lion hunting season (dandelions that is).  Once out in his garden he turns into a brain trauma victim, I swear, my dad  has been stricken with Alzheimer's, and he his more dependable than DH at this time of year.  No, I didn't clean the pot. I told him it would be best if he just replaced it and then went through the junk drawer to find the owners manual. It's been 36 years and I'm sure he came with instructions and warnings, but mainly, I'd need to read up on the return policy!!! LOL
Comment by Marie W/FL&PA on May 12, 2011 at 7:11am
Lynda, DH did the same thing to me last weekend only his disaster was with sugar water.  He was making it for the hummingbird feeders.  What a mess smoke detectors howling, a house full of smoke and one of my best stainless pots ruined.  Then the next day I turned the oven on to preheat and there was a plastic lid in there another mess.  I was responsible for this one.  DH and I both need keepers. LOL
Comment by Debbie Snyder/WA on May 12, 2011 at 6:22am
Good laugh.... although it brought me back to last year when I put eggs on to boil and forgot them.  The water boiled out and the eggs exploded all over my kitchen...ceiling and all.  I like the order of your fire drill priority. 
Comment by Gayle/La. on May 12, 2011 at 2:38am
MEN!!!!!
Comment by Pam/NY on May 11, 2011 at 3:11pm
Irene...I think we should be calling you "torch"! lol
Comment by Irene Gallway on May 11, 2011 at 2:59pm
I have had a couple of fires on the stove. I have a set of Salad Master pots and pans and believe it or not  you can clean them up with a news paper and stainless steel cleaner. Another time I droped wet potatoes into a pan of greese, (making french fries.) Flames were shooting to the ceiling so I put another frying pan over the one that was on fire and it smothered it. The third time I set the whole house on fire. We had a wood stove in the living room and I decided to put the Sunday Telegram paper in the stove. It caught the chimney on fire and was so hot that it broke out in the walls clear to the second floor. I said I had the hottest news in town. lol NO, NO, NO, I'm not the local fire bug.

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service