As part of my commitment to finishing older UFOs, I looked through the drawers of an entertainment center I have in my sewing room to see what I could find that could be finished fairly quickly. This was a New Year's Eve mystery from 2003 & was supposed to be 4 placemats with a log cabin block on one end & a plain block with an appliqued daisy in a flower pot on the other. I had only made the 4 log cabin blocks so I decided to make 4 more log cabin blocks plus put a plain block in the center with a machine embroidered butterfly in the center for a wallhanging instead. It wasn't until after I had it all quilted, bound & washed before I realized it left a pretty big triangle in the center due to the way I had laid out the blocks. But the more I look at it, the more I like the asymmetrical look of it. I am trying to get out of the rut of making everyone symmetrical and too matchy matchy. Once I get the hanging sleeve & label stitched on, it will hang over my bed.