Since many of you asked for a pattern.....here is what I used. First I must say that not all post it notes are equal. Some generic ones are different in depth so be sure to measure the ones you have and change the numbers to work for you. Aslo I added the original photos so you won't have to search in previous posts for them. If you make one in wool please let me know how it turns out. Oh, and you must share your's with us too.
I used double sided card stock and double stick tape. Glue makes the paper ripple. I also had on hand some Martha Stewart glitter and did tiny tiny dots of glue for the glitter. I cut squares and rectangles of leftover paper for decorating the top flap.
1. Cut rectangle 3" to 3-1/8" by 9" to 9-1/2" . (all depends on the size of your post it note)
2. Measure up from one end 3" to 3-1/8" and score with a bone tool. (inner flap)
3. Measure up from line in step #2, 3/8" and score again.(bottom spine)
4. Measure up from line in step #3, 3" to 3-1/8" and score again with your bone tool. (base)
5. Measure up from line in step #4 another 3/8" and score. (top spine)
6. Fold or crease on all scored lines.
7. Insert your post it note and do a dry fit before any permanant placement.
8. Decide on the length of the top tab and trim to fit your design. (I use 2 to 2/1/2")
9. Use double stick tape and secure post it note in place on base portion of rectangle.
10. Fold inner flap up to cover the post it notes and then top flap down.
11. Decorate the top flap anyway you'd like and add a velcro dot to secure top flap.
12. Have a cup of coffee and a piece of chocolate when you're done.
I hope you have as much fun making your's as I did mine.