Finally something to show for what I've been trying to get done with my projects. I decided to make a pillow sham with the left over material I had from the quilt top I posted before. I've had the top part of the pillow done for quite some time but I feel so lost without my longarm machine. I have the brother 1500 mid arm but I've not faired so well with the quilting on this machine. I've been afraid to start quilting on this for fear of ending up with a mess that would take me forever to pick out.
At first I thought I could just hand quilt it. It is after all a small project but after starting in the center, I decided that wasn't going to work out for me.
The other half's daughter and kids left the house yesterday for the weekend and I decided last night to give it a try. Originally I was going to do some scroll work on the pillow and quilt but the practice ones that I did on scrap material didn't look as good as I thought they would. So out comes the blue wash out pen and I drew out the feathers on the pillow. Hey the blue lines looked pretty darn good to begin with. Following thoughs darn lines, not so good at first. Perhaps I was over thinking the whole thing last night or worried.... Its not like this is a special thing for anyone. Tonight I finished the feathers and by the last set, my lines were falling more inline with the blue pen.
I stitched a straight line around the feathers and will go back and pull out the hand quilted part and do some stitch in the ditch for the center and then see if I can get this darn thing finished this week.
The only thing I'm not sure about is the yardage needed for the ruffle around the pillow. I thought I did one once that said twice the diameter of the pillow. Humm, sounds like a good search for Shannon/On to google and let us know..