Project Robin’s Hope
I am starting up a project that I hope many of you will join me in fulfilling.
Purpose of the project: To provide a last wish of a very dear and generous lady.
Story behind the project:
Robin is a mother of 4 adult children all serving in the armed forces. What I am proposing is that we help Robin fulfill a last wish. Robin is a member of my local guild she is also one of the chair members for our charity quilt program for the guild. Our guild is a small guild and lacks the numbers to help Robin fulfill her last wish. So I am reaching out to the quilting world to help me to help her to fulfill this wish. Last year I meet Robin at a quilt retreat she was losing her voice her doctor did not know why. He sent her to a specialist and they ran some test and found a tumor. The tumor was cancer and a very rare form that doesn’t respond to any known treatments. This year they used radiation to help shrink the tumor. At one point the tumor had gotten big enough to collapse one of her lungs. The tumor makes it hard for her to speak above a whisper. This week she was told that the tumor has again started to grow back and at this rate come this time next year she will no longer be able to breath. Robin approached our guild board with a hope to get the guild to help make a quilt for each member of her daughters unit which will be deploying outside the US to a war zone next year sometime after February. Our guild is a very small guild and the board members did not feel that our group could get that many quilts done so the board voted to make a pillow case for each member. In my heart I was prompted by God to help Robin fulfill the wish of a quilt for each member of her daughters unit. I know with the help of God and other quilters that this wish is obtainable.
So this is what I am purposing and asking for your help with.
- I am willing to sell patriotic fabric at wholesale to those that commit to make a quilt or more for Robin’s hope. Fabrics will be listed on my website and available at wholesale if you fill out a contact form and commit I will give you the password to buy it and pay through Paypal.
- I also will be selling batting at wholesale to those committing to Robin’s Hope (same as for the fabric see above.)
- I am willing to quilt the quilts on my long arm (a basic meandering) for free to those that send in a quilt top and provide the batting and backing or pay wholesale for the batting and or backing. Between my husband and I we can pin on and quilt and quilt a single quilt in this manner in under 2 hours. We both have committed to do this project.
- If we get an overwhelming response which I sincerely hope we do I will open it up to others that have a troop that is deploying and would like to carry on Robin’s Hope.
- If you have scraps of red, white or blue fabric and are willing to make a simple single quilt and send it in that would be great. This is a way to use up left over scraps or dig into your stash. If you need it quilted I will quilt it.
- If you are a long arm quilter and are willing to help quilt quilts for this project I would love to hear from you.
- If you have a quilt group and are willing to work on one together and send it that would also be great.
- If you don’t have the time to dedicate to this project please consider donating the cost of a kit which I will also have on my site at wholesale cost that will make a single twin size quilt. I am not a non-profit myself but I am using my local guilds non-profit charity quilt program. So if you need a non-profit 501c to get a tax credit for your contribution this is possible.
My hope is to surprise her with the 100 quilts at our February 2015 Guild meeting. So please pray and consider helping in any way you can to make Robin’s Hope a reality.
If you have any questions please email me and in the subject line put Robin’s Hope and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I know that with your help we can do this.
Here is a link to my website contract page for Robin's Hope
Project Robin's Hope Link
Rules and Guidelines Please Read Carefully!
By filling out this contract you are agreeing to make a quilt and sending it to Quilt N Peace for donation to Project Robin's Hope.
You may purchase up to 12 yards of fabric at wholesale for every quilt you commit to. You may also purchase up to 3 yards of batting per quilt you commit to.
By checking the boxes below you are legally bound to the this contract, and your commitment to return the quilt to Quilt N Peace by no later than February 1, 2015.
Once I receive your contract I will email you a password to access the fabric, batting and quilt kits.
Quilt size and requirements:
Size must range from 70-75 wide by 86-96 long
They may not have any glitter fabric, sparkles or embellishments, any applique must have finished edges.
If you would like to dedicate your quilt in the memory of a past or living previous service member please add their info to your label also include on your label your name, state and date so that we can document your commitment.
If you would like me to do the quilting please provide the top, pieced backing enough binding fabric for your quilt and in the comment box below put what you would like to be included on the label or send a label along.
If you choose to purchase a kit I will send you a photo of the finished quilt. Please leave a comment as to what you would like the label to read.
If you need to receive a receipt for the cost of the fabric and or the kits please check the box and I will get one emailed to you as soon as possible.
I have submitted a group request which I hope Connecting Threads will approve.
Thanks so much for any help you able to provide towards helping me with this project.