My friends and I started this "Nickel" quilt for the Quilts of Valor charity many months ago. We all contributed fabric and had a few group sewing sessions to get the sub-units together. Then I offered to piece the blocks together, but I haven't really been able to spend too much time in my sewing room for a while. This weekend, I finally finished the top.
Our guild has some great LAQs who donate their talents to this cause so I'll take it to the January meeting. After that, it's just the binding and label! I've had this in my sewing room for too long and I am relieved to have the top DONE!!!! Notice the Connecting Threads border fabric! It was just perfect!