Quilt With Us

ITEMS TO BRING TO THE RETREAT:

*A salad for Friday noon's luncheon at Diane's home

*Your beverage of choice (water, tea, pop, wine....whatever your preference) for the duration of the retreat

*Snack to set out on the community snack table to be shared with everyone (cookies, chocolate, bars, fresh fruit, chocolate, licorice, candy, nuts, mints, chocolate, trail mix....you get the idea!)  Quilters are partial to chocolate!!!  :)

*Lap robe made from a quilt block thats name begins with the SAME LETTER as your first name!  Try to keep the lap robe to 36"x36" so it won't get caught in the wheels of any wheelchairs.

*Three  batik FQs in SUNSET colors for our LCR game!

*Please bring three quilt related items in a RECYCLED GIFT BAG for our swap.  The three items to tuck inside the "MYSTERY BAG" are:  1)  a quilt book or pattern you no longer want;  2) a quilt tool (e.g.- a seam ripper, tape measure, scissors, a duplicate of a tool you already have or maybe even a special ruler you had to have but don't use; 3) TWO yards of fabric you are no longer in love with or you wish to donate!  The two yards can consist of 8 FQs, four 1/2 yards cuts, whatever....as long as it equals TWO yards of fabric!  (And NO...the fabrics do not have to be coordinating if you have more than one fabric!)   Place these three things into a recycled gift bag for our swap activity!  After we are done playing the game and you received something in the bag you don't think you'll use - we can swap with one another after the game!

*Any additional sewing related items (not tucked inside the "Mystery Bag") can be added to our annual GARAGE SALE!  Here's a great opportunity to clean out those no-longer-needed items in your sewing room and have them adopted by your fellow quilters!  Feel free to bring other craft items such as yarn, beads, felt, buttons, etc. -since everything seems to find a home at these garage sales!  Even novels, audio books, and cookbooks can be added to the garage sale since we have a lot of avid readers in our group!

*Two or three quilt projects you have completed and would like to share during our "SHOW & TELL"

*Remember your quilting buddy:  your friendly stuffed GORILLA!

THIS AND THAT:

*I will bring two sets of bed risers to place under the legs of two long tables to make them a comfortable height for cutting tables.

*The hotel will supply the irons and ironing boards. (These are from the rooms but the staff will have them in the conference room for us to use during the retreat.)  You may wish to bring your own personal mini-iron and small ironing pad so you can do this task in your work space.

*Bring your own rotary cutter, scissors, and rulers.  You may decide to bring a small cutting mat, but it's silly for all of us to bring large cutting mats.  Diane, Sandy, and I will bring LARGE cutting mats to share with others.  

Views: 488

Replies to This Discussion

As the one that a couldn't make it at the last minute last year, I promise we won't kick you out!  We might just have to get a group together and head north to visit you sometime though! 

DANG!  I worried that I was going to lose my roommate when your hubby was having some health issues....so I guess this is no surprise because I was kinda expecting it (but for a different reason), Lana.  So sad you won't be able to join us at the retreat, but understand. And no- we won't burn you at the stake (or anything else like that)!!!  LOL  All is forgiven! 

We could always do a road trip like Lynne suggested!

As much as I hate to do this and could use the get away, I'm going to have to miss the retreat after all this year.  Since I'm not sure dd will be driving by then and that will be dsil's weekend to work,  I'll be her driver and co-baby snuggler - which is such a "task".   

Sad to hear you won't be attending either, Darce.  :(  

But I have a feeling you will certainly be enjoying the reason for not being able to attend!   Give those two little babies a hug from me!  :) 

Darn, we will miss you Lana and Darce!

Here's an updated version on the attendees:

ATTENDING:

Tressa & her mom Janice

Lynne & Sandy O

Marcia & Jackie O 

Linda N

Deb S

Rhonda & her sister JoAnn

Jan Wallace

Nancy H &  Joyce

Jan Mueller (Deb's friend)

Diane (day tripper)

Becky (day tripper)

Linda (day tripper)

Susan Twedt (day tripper)

Jacque Johnson (day tripper on Friday only)

*****As of right now- we have NINETEEN retreaters.******

???? Mary Grafe & Marilyn  (haven't personally heard from either of these two gals...but according to Marybeth-  Marilyn is not going to be able to attend)

Deb S- is your friend Jan M going to room with you or join us as a day tripper?

Marcia, Jan has a room reserved for herself.  I am just so worried about disturbing other people on my 15 trips to the bathroom a night (or the smelly after effects of all the veggies I eat) that I decided to splurge this year, have my own room..... and give my mind one less thing to  fret about.  :-)

Deb, this is a "somewhat" indelicate topic but I have "smelly aftereffects too" from taking garlic tablets LOL!  Have you ever tried Poo-Pourri?  It's not an air freshener, it's a water spray and it works.  You can search for it on Amazon which has the best prices. I've seen it in stores etc. too.

Just a heads up; it puts my mind at ease when I use a public bathroom or at someone's home LOL!!

You made me smile Sandy.... if those smelly after effects could be contained to the bathroom, I might have felt better.  But this is more of....oh lets just say it Gas.  And I never know if it will be loud or stinky.  Thus my comfort level is much higher when I am the only one in the room.  :-)

Message received and understood, Deb LOL!  Just remember how healthy you are even if you sometimes smell LOL!!!!  We love you regardless; we'll just stay upwind.

Deb & Sandy- you two gals made me chuckle with your recent posts!  My grandkids would say that eating lots of veggies turns them into "Tootie-Fruities"!!  LOL

Well, attendees seem to be dropping like flies!  :(  We've lost another one:  Sue (Diane's friend who was planning to be a day tripper).  We are now down to 18 attendees.  Hope no one else drops out!  Sorry some of you had to cancel- but do hope all of you who had to drop out plan to join us next year!

I KNOW how hard it is to plan so far in advance but I need to say that it would have to be death or dismemberment (of myself or someone I love!) before I would miss this Retreat.  I enjoy it so much that I've not attended the AQS show since Marcia started the Retreat.  The show is wonderful for what it is: looking at other people's accomplishments, buying, buying, buying and perhaps taking a class with a well-known quilt artist plus some time with buddies. But...spending three days/two nights with my IQ friends, talking and eating and playing games AND actually getting some sewing done is head and shoulders above other events IMHO. I remember two years ago when I had to leave early because of a friend's 60th wedding anniversary party, I was so disappointed that I missed a lot of the fun. She was a REALLY good friend or I would have just sent a gift and DH and stayed at the Retreat ;^)  So, all this means "Thank You, Marcia"!  You are the spirit behind this retreat and I appreciate it very much.

RSS

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service