Quilt With Us

This will be our 4th “Secret Sister Swap” and is a yearlong commitment.  Please do not sign up for this swap if you can not complete this commitment!  You will need to make only 1 block per month for 12 months!  And it only requires 1-2 hours work per month. 

Maximum of 12 participants!  First come, first in!   Please send your name, address, phone #, and personal e-mail address to my personal e-mail:  aquiltersdream44@yahoo.com.

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR THIS SWAP IS:  NOVEMBER 10, 2014!

Information:  Each participant will complete a questionnaire about her quilt likes and dislikes.  These need to be returned to me no later than November 30th, 2014.  You will then be notified, by me, who your SS (Secret Sister) will be and you will be mailed her completed questionnaire.

When you get your SS’s questionnaire, you will make one 12 inch finished block, 12 ½ inch unfinished, per month using your SS’s likes.  The background will be determined by your SS.  At the end of the swap your SS should be able to make a quilt with the 12 blocks that you have made for her.

Block Instructions:  All 12 blocks should be the same block pattern, using your SS’s choice of colors.  As always, please use good quality 100% cotton quilt fabric, pre-washed.  Just remember that you want your SS to be able to make a nice quilt from your blocks, so you should make something that you would like to receive yourself.   The SS that is making the blocks has the right to choose her favorite type of technique, piecing, paper-piecing, applique, hand, or machine, etc.   This way you can do your best work!

Mailing Instructions:  Each month for 11 months you will mail your SS’s completed block to me.  One block will fit in a 6” x 9” manila postage envelope, with NO metal clasps.  These will go through the mail with two  49 cent stamps.  I will then mail them to your SS.  This way, I will be the only person that knows who the SS’s are, until the swap is completed.  Please put your name, or one of those free address labels on the back of each block you mail.   On the 12th month,  you will send the final block directly to your SS along with anything you would like to say to her and a small quilt label with your information on it.  On the front of the mailing envelopes, please identify the swap number and the block number,  S 17, B 1, etc.  This helps me identify what comes in to me.

You will need to send  11- 6” x 9” envelopes, or $2.00, and 22 – 49 cent stamps to me for the re-mail to your SS.  The Post Office will not accept postage labels.  These are only good for 2 days.

HAVE FUN AND SEND YOUR BLOCKS TO ME BY THE 20th  of each month.  The 1st block is due to me by: Jan. 20th, 2015.

Carol Lee Poulis   CP from TX

Views: 1636

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carol

Just to let you know that I have had to post my completed questionnaire to you but it should hopefully reach you by the deadline.  I am having problems with my email, I don't know if it is the email account or the computer so I guess the computer will have to go to the computer doctor for a check up!  I am also having problems with other things so its more likely the computer.  I will try to sort out another email on my tablet, but I am not very good on that, much prefer a proper keyboard.

I went tol have surgery on my eye yesterday but when they eventually got my INR result it was too hgh again and they wouldnt do it.  I was so fed up coming home again, this time after a 5 hour wait.  I am sure I will be OK making my blocks, it will just take me longer as I have to double up on everything to make sure I have it just right.  Where cutting out should take a couple of minutes, it will take me 10 minutes!

Will let you know about the email in due course/

Pat I understand completely about a real keyboard vs a tablet or phone keyboard! I have gotten into trouble that way! LOL
Hope you can get your INR normalized soon to make the surgeons( and anesthesia) happyRobin

Hello all!  Pat, I hope you get your eye surgery soon and that everything goes well.  I will await your questionnaire via snail mail. Letters do not usually take as long as packages.

I still need completed questionnaires from Donna C., Linda S., and Deb W.  Please get them in the mail this week!

I would like to get them separated and in the mail to you by the 1st week in Dec.  This will give you almost 2 month's to decide what you are going to do for your SS, and get your first block to me by Jan. 20th.  There are nine participants and each of you should receive 12 blocks by the end of the swap.  I hope you all have fun with this!  For you "first time" swappers, as well as you "old timers", if you have any problems, please feel free to e-mail me on my private e-mail: aquiltersdream44@yahoo.com

Donna C.,  I received your questionnaire today.  Thanks, Carol

I have now received all but 1 questionnaire.  If I do not receive it by Wednesday, 12-3-14 at midnight.  She will be out of the swap and I will get your SS questionnaires in the mail to you on 12-4-14.  Linda S. was very enthusiastic and the 3rd person to sign up for the swap.  I hope she is not ill.

Eagerly awaiting my SS name so I can make plans.
Linda T, I believe there were 2 Linda's that had joined the swap you and a Linda Sparks.

You are both correct!

Got my SS questionnaire- now to pick what I'm going to do! Decisions Decisions!!

How fun! I have been sad about missing this, but I do hope you all have a blast!

Being the hostess is really fun.  You get to see everything that everybody is getting before anyone else sees it!

Still waiting for mine!  I know it takes a bit longer to get over here.  I am getting excited, and looking forward to see who I will be making blocks for and what colour my SS likes. 

RSS

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service