Quilt With Us

Hi, My name is LindaKay, this is my first post here.  I have sewn all of my life and I have over the past 30 years made childrens clothing, wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses.  Now I am retired and moved from CA. to WA 6 years ago. I'm using what I have to make beautiful things.   My Mom died 12 years ago this month and I have finally taken the time to go through all of the partly started, cut out pieces etc.  There are about 10-12 quilt tops started, some of them machine sewn, many others hand sewn.  My question is this, Should I continue finishing them in the same way my Mom had started them?  That makes the most sense to me.  Also I have a quilt Mom ahd made years ago.  I have always loved it and remember Mom calling it the "Tree of Life"  I have looked for years to buy a pattern to make another one but have not had any luck.  If I post a picture of it might someone recognize it? 

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

LindaKay of Vineyard Creations

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi LindaKay  there is a quilt pattern Tree of Life, but would be good to see photo of the quilt you have you are sure to get help here.   My mum made a quilt but was not happy with it and i fixed but did this after she died which really was a shame as she would have been pleased with the way it looks now,Pat in New Zealand
I have seen a couple of patterns with the tree of life name but none of them are it.  It is one very large tree with beautiful branches and leaves on it and sort of Pennsylvannia Dutch Flowers in blues and reds on it.  One of these days when I have nothing to do  HA HA!  I'm going to go to the Library and sit all day going through  Quilt Books.  LindaKay from Olympia, WA.

LyndaKay have you put the photo of quilt on this site? if so please tell me where so i can look.I have sat here and thought now where is that photo what do i click on!!!!!!!!!!  old people are thick you know.

I have had to start wearing dark glasses at times since eye ops everything is SO BRIGHT and i have ended up with sore head. Pat

I have not put it up yet, I need to find a space to spread it out.  I'm going to try to do it tomorrow.  I'm really getting excited about finishing some of my Moms quilts, but I have other projects I need to finish first.

LindaKay

Hi LindaKay, I have seen applique quilts called "The Tree of Life."  As I remember they were kits and very beautiful.  I look forward seeing the picture of your Mother's quilt.

Welcome to the group, I know you will enjoy it here.  I haven't been here for awhile, but always enjoy time spent reading and visiting with the girls.  Happy Quilting

Sun Bonnet Sue, I have always loved her.  I recently bought a new book on her.  LindaKay

Hi LindaKay,

Personally I would continue the quilts as your mom started.

There is a Tree of Life traditional quilt block.

Here's a how to: http://www.quilterscache.com/T/TreeofLifeBlock.html

Is this the block?

Hoping the link is helpful...

RSS

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service