Quilt With Us

Ive used the Basting spray for some small projects but Im a little hesitant about using it on something Im going to hand or machine quilt. My question is does your needle get gumy and is it harder for your needle to stitch thru it? Thanks in advance for any advice I get.

Happy Quilting

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the 505 basting spray. I hand quilt and have no problem with gummy needles. I don't do a lot of machine quilting but what I have done, didn't have a problem. Some of the other brands are aweful stinky by comparison and some a little stiff, but 505 is great.
Thanks for the heads up, where do I get 505
Connecting Threads carries it. They have it listed under 505 Spray and Fix. It is pretty common, so you might check your local shops.
Great thanks again....Im actually going to Joanns tonite so Ill check there. I had just gotten an order from connecting threads....but thanks again
Sandy, I just bought the 505 last week. The women at the quilt shop where I bought it said that the tackiness doesn't last more that about a week at most. I have no idea if this is true. Anyway, last night I used it to spray baste a twin sized quilt, but I also threw in some safety pins, though much fewer and further apart than I would do typically without the spray.

My plan is to stitch in the ditch around each block to stabilize the quilt before the adhesive stops being effective. Then I can just worry about the block I am quilting, adding extra safety pins if I need it. I'll let you know if the needle gets gunked up when I get to my stitching in the ditch tonight. Work gets in the way of my quilting, darn it!!!!
I've got things around here that have been sprayed over a year and they are still sticking together. I think maybe what they mean is that reposistional stickyness that allows you to move and re-place things goes away.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service