I finished setting up my sewing area yesterday. I have been without a sewing room since the end of June/beginning of July when we dismantled the basement to have the water issues addressed.
It was a huge job taking out the floors and down the walls. The work on the foundation was done (and only required 2 extra visits to "iron out wrinkles") but it seemed that every thing we did led to something else that needed to be done. With the floor done in the basement, we found we needed to redo the concrete walkout...which led to a new sump pump and more concrete work in the basement to correct drainage. The front steps needed work as the bricks were falling off, so that was done. We hired a friend to do the drywalling (he's a professional) and then I primed and painted the whole basement with the help of my in-laws. Then my husband and I laid the laminate flooring (70 boxes were delivered to the street end of our driveway and we had to get them to the doorwall on the corner that was furthest from the spot. Thankfully we have a trailer that we could use to haul them, as they weigh 50 pounds each). The deal was that we would do my sewing area first.
Once the flooring was down, we measured, cut and installed the moulding. Turns out that it is almost as much fun to use a miter saw and nail gun as a sewing machine.
I spent the last 2 days carrying things into my sewing area and setting it up. It turned out even better than I had envisioned. Here is the view from the entryway:I have uploaded more views in my photo section. I am so excited. I thought my old sewing room was the room of my dreams, but this one is going to be so much more functional and it's so good looking. It's also bigger than my daughter's whole apartment! O.K. enough writing...now it's time to go and try it out!