I have been working diligently to use up a lot of the batting scraps I have accumulated over the years. I just finished piecing one that used up seven pieces and I had to sew seven seams to get it to the size I needed, which was only 48" x 60". I even used one piece of warm and white and one piece of Hobb's 80/20 with the rest of the warm and natural. Wonder if I will notice a difference where the Hobbs bat is after it is quilted and washed.
Even with all these pieces used, I still have a large collection of pieces.
Some of them are polyester from when I did nothing but hand quilt. Maybe I need to do some small hand projects to get them used up too.
One always needs to be a frugal quilter when there are no extra funds available.